Authorities have identified the owner of a sushi restaurant in Boston who died on Saturday after an attack that claimed the lives of at least three people.
The owner, who was not identified, was found dead in a car in his home, police said.
He was 55.
He died after being rushed to a hospital, according to the Massachusetts State Police.
“It is with great sadness that we announce the death of the owner and the circumstances surrounding his death,” police said in a statement.
The restaurant, the first to reopen after the explosion that left three dead, was at the intersection of Commonwealth Avenue and Massachusetts Avenue in the Roxbury neighborhood of the city.
A woman who identified herself as the owner said she knew the restaurant owner was working with her family in the building when the explosion happened.
She said she had been working there for two years and she was devastated to hear about his death.
She declined to comment further.
Police said the suspect, who is believed to have entered the building via the back door, was later apprehended by police.
Authorities were investigating the possibility that the attack was related to an Islamic extremist group, but officials did not identify the group.
The FBI is helping with the investigation, according the agency.
The attack left more than 100 people injured, many of whom were rushed to hospitals, Boston police Chief Edward Davis said.
At least five people were killed at the restaurant, which serves mostly sushi and sake.
The police chief said he believed the attack had been “premeditated,” adding that investigators are still trying to determine the motive.
The Islamic extremist terrorist group Islamic State claimed responsibility for the bombing.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.